[support] Only show teasers when not logged in.

Richard Bennett richard.b at gritechnologies.com
Thu Jun 7 12:45:25 UTC 2007

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 14:13:33 +0200, Earnie Boyd
<earnie at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

>> Hi,
>> I am trying to find a good way to have the option of only showing the
>> teaser, with a 'Subscribe to read article' link instead of the default
>> 'read more'.
>> This gives an idea how to do it per role:
>> http://drupal.org/node/126075
>> But the user would have to be logged-in for that to work.
>> Any tips on showing teasers-only for not logged-in users, and full
>> teaser+page when they are logged in?
>>
> The ``anonymous user'' role is what you would use for unauthenticated
> users.

Ahh, I see.
Would I have to have to publish the page as 'visible to all' then?
I'm thinking if the page is set to members-only the teaser won't show on
the frontpage at all, regardless of any theme changes that are made, right?
If I publish the srticles as 'free' I think there might be a lot of other
issues with them being accessible directly, and from search results for
non-members.

Would it be a better approach to make a view that shows just the teasers,
and only show that for anonymous users?

Thanks for your help.

Richard