[support] How do you convert one node type into another?

blogdiva at culturekitchen.com blogdiva at culturekitchen.com
Sat Jun 9 15:50:18 UTC 2007

Good morning.

Here's a question dealing with node types.

I have had to parse out NODE TYPE ACCESS per ROLE. So my editors and
front page contributors have access to the node type BLOG but members
only have access to FORUM. I have done this because I could not find
a way to queue posting to the front page based on ROLE, not on node
type. So for example, I would have loved to give everybody access to
the node type BLOG but only allow the roles "editors" and
"contributors" immediate PROMOTE while putting the role "member" on
QUEUE.

In trying to find a better way to deal with these PROMOTE issues, my
earlier use of the node STORY muddled things further. At the
beginning I was giving STORY to contributors --as a middle ground
between only access to forum and having a blog. GRACK! I wish I had
not done that.

I want to retire STORY but I can't because then everybody using those
nodes would not have access to them. So I was wondering, can I just
go into the DB (and in my case PATHAUTO) and change the type of STORY
nodes into BLOG or is there anything else that I need to take into
consideration?

Cheers,
liza

Liza Sabater, Publisher