[support] www being dropped from the URL . . .

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Mon Jun 11 12:12:45 UTC 2007

>> I have a site up that has an odd behavior I'd like to correct.  Whenever a
>> submit button is pressed, even for logging in, the www part is dropped from
>> the URL, and all subsequent pages are displayed sans www.  The site appears
>> to work correctly either way, but I'd still like for it to stop switching
>> over.  Is there a way I can fix that behavior, and if so, how?
>
> It is an apache configuration issue.  You must be
 > redirecting the URL in one of the config files.

Not necessarily. There are three things that could be causing this:

  * As you say, there's a redirect happening in the Apache config.

  * Alternatively, the user could have uncommented the
    forced redirects in the .htaccess that ships with Drupal.

  * Alternatively, the user could have set the $base_url in his
    settings.php to include the non-www version. Best solution
    here would NOT to define anything in the $base_url and let
    Drupal figure it out based on the request.

--
Morbus Iff ( HOW DO I DELIT TEH TREE FILEZ?!@! )
aim: akaMorbus / skype: morbusiff / icq: 2927491 / jabber.org: morbus