[support] Local Staging Env: OSX

A-NO-NE Music madflute at anonemusic.com
Sat Jun 16 16:20:27 UTC 2007

I have been trying to setup local staging env last 3 days, and I think I
exhausted all the options.

OSX 10.4.9 MySQL4.1.22

Now I finally found MySQL4.1.22, at least it is in sync with my ISP, and
it's supposed to be no more UTF-8 corruption in transferring.  The
problem is that all the images on my local site are getting wrong path.
It was working before I made the remote site to public so this has got
to do with the setting, but being noob I can't figure it out, editing
around .htacess and setting.php but to no avail.

Live:
/public_html/music/ =>
http://music.anonemusic.com => http://anonemusic.com

Not only I can't find the way that works to make Clear-URLs on my local
env (the directory that the article at the Drupal site mentions for OSX
doesn't exist on my machine), I can't fined the way to make localhost
redirecting to the subfolder like my live site is setup.

I believe not having my local with Clear-URLs and/or redirecting to the
subdirectory is causing path incompatibility when I import DB from the
live site.  Any suggestion would be appreciated.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>