[support] Making menu peek-a-boo

A-NO-NE Music madflute at anonemusic.com
Wed Jun 20 03:19:36 UTC 2007

Jean Gazis / 2007/06/19 / 05:20 PM wrote:

>I believe that this happens automatically if you enable the menu where you
>want it to show, only users with access will see it.

Actually it will never go hidden.  It is always there, so whoever
clicked gets 403.

>If not, you can
>make a new menu block, put the menu item(s) in it, and then have the block
>visibility enabled only for specific roles.

I was hoping to avoid Block solution since it takes up space.

During my researching, I found menu_per_role module, which requires
menu.inc patch.  Without this patch, menu also doesn't go hidden as I
tried.  Patch is new to me so I read docs and watched a video tutorial.
After backing up everything, I applied the patch to my local dev machine.

After running the patch, I CAN"T LOGIN!!!!
Not even from other machines on my LAN.  Logging in silently fails.  If
I try to login from /user page, I get 403?!!

After cleaning browser cookies and caches, I first run Restore Patch
command.  No effect even though I see menu.inc did go back to the same
number of lines before patching.  I restored the directory.  No go.  I
restored the database.  Still no go.

What do you do when you can't login?  I am glad this isn't a live site,
but I am loosing my mind.  Please help.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>