[support] Best way to fix a bug?

Jason Flatt drupal at oadaeh.net
Wed Sep 12 23:51:09 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 12 September 2007 13:05:05 Greg Knaddison - GVS wrote:

> Whenever I visit an issue queue to submit a bug I try my best to take
> 5 minutes and read over the other issues in the queue.  If I see
> duplicates I'll close one and link to the other.  If I see something
> that's unclear or lacking information I'll make a comment and point
> that out.  If I can find a fix (uncommon, but it happens) then I'll
> suggest the idea.  Somehow maintainers are more likely to help me out
> after I've done that ;)  That's one way of "building karma"
> specifically with the module maintainer.  Karma is another potential
> key to getting a response from maintainers.

Be careful suggesting that as a cornucopia of getting things done, because it
doesn't always work. I've done that with two different modules with little or
no success in getting anywhere. One maintainer gave me the attitude of 'we
don't need your help here'. They have yet to fix the issues I submitted
patches for. And, I wasn't looking for anything more than to help get the
module compatible with Drupal 5.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadaeh.net/