[support] weird issue with block access

Allen Stern allen at centernetworks.com
Mon Aug 4 00:13:25 UTC 2008

Hi all,

My site was humming along just great - then friday i decided to take a
look at my blocks in the admin panel - I went to admin, then clicked
blocks and it just sat there - never took me to the blocks page. Then
today, the site stopped responding - just sat there. I use the default
theme for the admin and was able to get into the admin just fine, it
showed everything ok (except the blocks page) but clicking on any
content, went nowhere. When I switched the main theme, back to the
default, it worked. Again, I made no changes and my theme has worked for
a year or more.

Now I still can't get into the blocks page and when I tried to turn on
my theme, it didn't work. I had to copy the default into my theme's
folder, then overwrite the files with mine and that worked.

I am at a total loss - there's nothing in the log in the admin. I want
to work on launching a new theme but I can't if something is wrong with
the site.

Any ideas are very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Allen