[support] How to show various fields of the referenced node in views

Ratty's Email ratadi2 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 11:27:08 UTC 2008

Thanks for your detailed reply (though frankly half of it went above my
head, the other half i am trying to chew ;-)
Few thoughts

you wrote
*"I know how to do this to display one record at time (e.g. if you display
the Book node page, the relevant info from the bookreading_schedule will
also show up"*

however what i need is possibly just the opposite!
i need to show the schedule - as in a date - and the relevant book's
information should show up!
so does your explanation work the other way round too!

Also i am not too conversant with arguments - so i am little lost at
"Add an argument which is the node-reference".

sorry maybe i know too little and am asking too much

somehow when i saw the cck & the views modules - i thought setting up what i
need should be a cake walk - i still believe i am missing something
fundamental:

Here is my contention:

if i can see - through node reference - the title of a referenced node - and
also I am able to see the full referenced node - then I should be able to
see - some selected fields from the referenced node too! makes logical sense
to me - only question is *HOW??*

Please somebody tell me how to do this.

ratnesh