[support] Search Problem in d5

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 11:21:37 UTC 2008

> We imported a large set of files via the import_html module and made
> them all book nodes. What we actually did was import them into a local
> install, and then we ran a PHP script to massage the imported data (to
> make some adjustments and corrections, some of which we did on the
> body field of the records in node_revisions). Then I uploaded that DB
> to the web server, and clicked "Re-index site" and now 100% has been
> indexed.
>
> When I run a search for "Hull" however, I get 7 results, which is very
> nice, but node 21206 has that word--twice in fact, yet it doesn't
> appear in the results list. Node 10037 and 23089 do show up in the
> results, so nodes both before and after the 'missing' one are working.
>
> I am using the standard search facility. I didn't adjust the default
> settings of 3 for "Minimum word length to index:" and "Simple CJK
> handling" is checked.

I tried using the trip_search module, and while it's better, it still
doesn't find all search results. For example, if I run a search using
Drupal's regular search module for a certain word like "Hull," I get 2
results. With trip_search, I get 19, but if I execute this SQL:

select * from node_revisions where body like '%Hull%';

I get 34 results! And I confirmed that all 34 are unique nodes as well.

I suppose if no better solution exists, I will just build a module
around that SQL. It seems to be the only 100% solution.

Unless I am missing something here.

Thanks.