[support] Mass Changing UID

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Tue Aug 5 20:09:39 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 1:40 PM, Fred Jones <fredthejonester at gmail.com> wrote:
>> You'd run node_save() in devel's drupal execute block? Does it resave every
>> single node?
>
> No, it does one at a time--you would have to write a loop with PHP to
> load and then save each node.

It would be something like the snippet provided here:
http://pingv.com/blog/greg/200611/automatically-publishing-and-setting-a-term-to-implement-taxonomy-access-control

That said, node_save doesn't let all modules take action and the super
best way to do this is with drupal_execute following some of the tips
in this mega thread:
http://lists.drupal.org/pipermail/development/2008-March/029148.html

So, you have three options.  Ranked in order from simplest to most
difficult which is also the order from most likely to cause problems
to least likely to cause problems:
1. Updating the DB directly
2. Using node_load/node_save as in the snippet from pingv.com that I
linked above
3. Using the drupal_execute method as mentioned in that listserv thread

If this were up to me I'd probably change 3 or 4 nodes in the database
and then look at them and see if there are any issues.  If that works,
do it for all of them.  If not...

Cheers,
Greg

--