[support] remote database issue

Matt Funk matze999 at gmx.net
Thu Aug 7 17:37:31 UTC 2008

Hi,

i am trying to setup a fresh drupal 6.3 installation. My host is godaddy which
has its databases served from a different host than the drupal folder is on.
Anyway, i created a new database and made sure to get the correct username,
passwd, database path and name.

When i get to the drupal installation page it prompts me for the database name
for which i type:
dbServerPath/dbName
then also the username and passwd.
It tells me it cannot connect to the database.

Then i tried to manually set the db_url in settings.php. But that doesn't work
since it doesn't create the necessary tables.

I am sure this is a trivial issue for most people. But i googled it and either
the posts were old or did not work for me.

I hope someone can point in the right direction.

thanks
matt