[support] Suddenly, my 404 page is stripped of all its blocks, menu, etc

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Fri Aug 15 21:14:44 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Earnie Boyd
<earnie at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Quoting Morbus Iff <morbus at disobey.com>:
>> That's a new "feature" in 5. Error pages do not render blocks.
>>

> I don't understand what you mean a new feature in 5.  For instance
> http://give-me-an-offer.com/zxdfe gives my 404 page but keeps the
> blocks.

This was added to 6.x and backported to 5.x.  See the issue
http://drupal.org/node/232037 for more details.

A little sleuthing in cvs found the specific commit.  It was committed
to 5.x between 5.7 and 5.8:

http://cvs.drupal.org/viewvc.py/drupal/drupal/modules/block/block.module?view=log#rev1.246.2.8

So, if your site renders blocks on 404s then you are running an out of
date version of Drupal core.  Which is behind on features/bugs and
possibly security patches.

Regards,
Greg

--