[support] Suddenly, my 404 page is stripped of all its blocks, menu, etc

KOBA | Hans Rossel info at koba.be
Fri Aug 15 21:42:52 UTC 2008

The blocks have been removed on 404 pages to improve the performance, but I
agree it is annoying on a site which is not receiving lots of visitors and
has no problems with that little bit of performance and a lot of usability
lost. I have seen it before 5.7, there are plenty of people complaining
about it on drupal.org if you search for blocks and 404. There is also a
nice patch for d5 which does what seems the best solution to me: let the
admin choose with a checkbox if blocks should be there or not on 404 pages:
http://drupal.org/node/116895.

Hans

Hans Rossel
KOBA Webdevelopment