[support] Suddenly, my 404 page is stripped of all its blocks, menu, etc

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 18 12:05:32 UTC 2008

Quoting Earnie Boyd <earnie at users.sourceforge.net>:

> Quoting Greg Knaddison - GVS <Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com>:
>
>> Which is behind on features/bugs and
>> possibly security patches.
>>

> Someone's idea of a feature maybe someone else's idea of a bug.  I
> consider no blocks a bug and this should not have been backported to
> version 5.

To which Greg Knaddison responded:
> So, if your site renders blocks on 404s then you are running an out of
> date version of Drupal core.  Which is behind on features/bugs and
> possibly security patches.

There are two reasons now for one not to upgrade because of
``features'' that broke expected functionality.  First the one where
the admin updating a user destroys the last access data and the second
one is this no blocks on 404 business.  Backporting these things should
never have happened.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/