[support] Access Denied when activating a block

Micah Tapman m.tapman at questconsultantsllc.com
Mon Aug 18 14:34:30 UTC 2008

I'm seeing an Access Denied error when trying to activate a block.

"Access denied

You are not authorized to access this page."

For example, that's the error message I get when I try to activate the
Primary Links block in the left sidebar.

The logs show,

"Type access denied

Date Monday, August 18, 2008 - 10:22

User micah

Location
http://secure.questconsultantsllc.com/admin/build/block/list/garland

Referrer http://secure.questconsultantsllc.com/admin/build/block/list

Message admin/build/block/list/garland

Severity warning

Hostname 208.58.0.11

Operations"

This is a basic Drupal 6.4 installation. Modules are core plus: admin_menu,
cck, dhtml_menu, google_analytics, imce, jstools, og, password_policy,
pathauto, token, views, webform. I'm executing these changes as the primary
administrator, user1 (micah); and changing the permissions for "administer
blocks" doesn't have any effect (obviously).

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Micah