[support] Hide Login

Luke drupal at lists.tacticus.com
Tue Aug 26 05:02:31 UTC 2008

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008, Tom Holmes Jr. wrote:

> Secondly .. one I get Drupal on this new hosting site (SiteGround or any
> other), it will be mostly anonymous users,
> so I may not have much use for the login except for some admins.
> I am pretty sure I can keep a login button on the main site, or
> somewhere, and for the most part keep it hidden for 99.999% of the
> visitors there.
> Can someone let me know if this is correct or incorrect?

In Drupal 5.7, I have the login block disabled under blocks admin.
I added an option to the navagation menu, called "login", with a
description of "administrative users log in here" or some such, and a path
of "/user/login".  Example at <http://www.newlifehv.org>.

That sounds similar to what you want to do.  You could leave off the menu
portion of this, and just give your administrative users a direct URL to
login, be it "/user", "/user/login", or the "/?q=user" version that Earny
suggested.

Regards,

Luke