[support] Image module and node body field

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 26 14:51:51 UTC 2008

Quoting Pierre Rineau <pierre.rineau at makina-corpus.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to disable 'body' field for Image nodes, but this happens:
>
> o I try to disable it throught content type edition, it alway come back
>   after I saved it;
> o Then, I modified directly into database (table node_type) the content
>   type 'image', disabling it's body field, but when I edit the node, the
>   field stays here;
> o So, I looked at the module's code, I saw that its hook_node_info() does
>   not provide any information about the 'body' field, so if I configure
>   it to not come back, it should not be here !
> o I also looked at _node_types_build()method, but can't see why it fails,
>   and why my 'image' node type (that I get back with node_get_types())
>   has its 'has_body' attribute to TRUE, it should not be with the database
>   configured !
>
> Any ideas here ? May a module could override the node form don't you think ?

Changes to the content type after a node has used it requires that you
edit/save the node to have the changed content type reflected in the
node.  You can programmatically node_load(), node_save() the nodes of
the type you wish to change.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/