[support] Magazine Images linking to file attachments

Simon Goldie simong at avesco.com
Fri Aug 29 09:52:09 UTC 2008

I'm struggling with a problem and being new to Drupal (v5) don't fully
understand where to begin.

I've created a content type for a staff magazine that also uses the
module Image to attach images to content.  The content type also
includes a file attachment option, for the PDF version of the magazine
to be downloaded / viewed online.  On the homepage I then created a
block using the Views (view 1.0) module which displays the latest issues
image but in the view options the "Image Attach: Display Image" only
gives me the ability to "link to attached image" or "link to attaching
node".  What I want to do is have the image link to the attached file.

Trouble is I'm at a loss on how to achieve this and trawling the forums
has revealed lots of posts about links but almost none with any replies,
so after reading through 20+ pages returned when I searched "views
links" I guessed I best try and get some help here.

Simon Goldie