[support] White screen of death

Tony Bazeley tbag at internode.on.net
Fri Jul 3 05:31:43 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Attempting to access my drupal site shows a completely blank page - no
timeout - just a blank page.

I did a much overdue upgrade to Drupal 6.13,
On completion was able to log in OK, change themes (back to 4 seasons),
get out of maintenance mode, and test that a couple of pages worked OK.

I then upgraded  to the latest rootcandy theme (the theme was disabled
and the system option was selected as the administrative theme)

This is where the trouble started

Initially all output was unthemed. I logged in as administrator and went
to the themes page - when I did this WSOD commenced on all page
requests.
I can now access nothing

I have checked the WSOD page http://drupal.org/node/158043
I can't see anything in the apache error log files.

http://www.example.com/admin/reports/dblog yields a blank screen

 I have also edited index.php to enable errors as suggested on the WSOD
page - no change

Removed the rootcandy theme from /sites/all/themes - but still no change

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tony