[support] Partial Vocabulary Admin Access?

Luke drupal at lists.tacticus.com
Fri Jul 3 22:13:05 UTC 2009

Hello

I have certain editorial users, to whom I would like to give the ability
to reorder, add, and delete terms in a vocabulary. However I do not
want them to be able to add or delete vocabularies, or even perform those
above tasks on terms in other vocabularies.

Example:
I have vocabularies "test1" and "test2".
In test1 are terms "a", "b", and "c".
In test2, there are terms "d", "e", and "f".

Users with a particular role, can add terms to test1, and can change
weights of "a", "b", and "c".  However those users can not do anything to
terms in test2.

Basically, I need a vocabulary editor role, preferably with the ability to
limit which vocabularies can be edited by that role.

This is on a D5 site, but may go to D6 at some point.

Any ideas on how this might be done?

Luke