[support] Files permissions

David Christensen dpchrist at holgerdanske.com
Thu Jul 9 13:59:33 UTC 2009

David Hautbois wrote:
> Someone give me a tarball of preconfigured drupal installation.
> All files are full accessibles : 777 !!!
> I don't find the default good permissions to apply to folders and
files.
> Do someone have this information ?

1.  How did your friend create the tarball and how did you extract it?
If GNU tar and gzip is used on both ends, I believe permissions can/
should be preserved.  This is the best answer.

2.  Have your friend run 'ls -lR' on the preconfigured Drupal
installation and send you the output, then use 'chmod' to change your
files.  This is the labor-intensive answer.

HTH,

David