[support] adding "description" help text to block configuration form

Neil Coghlan neil at esl-lounge.com
Fri Jul 17 16:57:54 UTC 2009

I've never tried to user hook_form_alter to change a form. I'd like to just add a line or two of help text to the block configuration form on the user account edit page. Is hook_form_alter even the best way to do this?

could someone just give me a pointer as to where to begin with this? Do I need to make a separate module with just the hook_form_alter in it?

Interestingly, D7 will now have a few lines of help text in the block config form, but I'm on D6.

thanks

Neil