[support] How can I permanently expand the "File attachment" fieldset?

maxigas maxigas at gn.apc.org
Mon Jul 20 13:09:47 UTC 2009

hi!

There is a method for permamently expanding the "File attachment" fieldset.  I need this
specifically on the upload forms of my "Gallery" node types, so i tried to implement the hacks
described there, but it doesn't seem to work:

http://drupal.org/node/227339

Seems to be a nice improvement indeed. I applied it on a Drupal 6 site i am building, but doesn't
seem to work. It is supposed to have effect at node creation time in that form as well, isn't it?
Here's the code that doesn't work for me, it's in a module file which is enabled on the site, and
there are no other custom modules altering forms:

function lsesu_form_alter($form_id, &$form)
{
  if($form_id == 'gallery_node_form')
    {
      $form['attachments']['#collapsed'] = false;
// Tried with and without this but no effect:
      return drupal_render($form);
    }
}

maxigas