[support] How to hide Body field in a CCK content

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Mon Jul 20 14:18:18 UTC 2009

Neil and all,

This is one of those "secret" Drupal tricks that, once you've done it
a few times, you don't even notice how counter-intuitive this method
is. I was 2 years into using Drupal before I ran into your problem and
someone pointed out that help-text to me. I had never noticed it
before.

The help-text is clear, "To omit the body field for this content type,
remove any text and leave this field blank" but its weird deleting a
field by removing its label and it would be much more intuitive if
this were managed on the  "Manage Fields" page.

For Drupal 7, I believe the "body" field is going away altogether now
that "fields" (aka CCK or much of CCK) is moving into core. I think
that was the plan, but not sure if they got that far.

Shai