[support] Integration with Other Frameworks

Ryan Chan ryanchan404 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 13:28:38 UTC 2009

Hey all,
Just tried Drupal and it is a very powerful CMS, good work!
We have an existing basic CMS implemented using a MVC framework (custom
written), we are okay to change the backend CMS to Drupal, but the problem
is the main site we are hesitated, since
1. Our front-end is highly tuned for performance (e.g. caching,
compression), we don't need flexibility provided by Drupal, we want speed.
2. We understand how the front-end work very well, and we don't enough time
to implment all the template using Drupal
So I want to know in such case, any recommendation for site integration?
e.g.
1. Are there wrapper class of Drupal so we can use, without touching DB
directly?
2. Or any RESTFUL API can be used for integration?
Thanks for any idea.
Ryan