[support] Upgrading from 4.5.5 to 6.13

Bill Fitzgerald bill at funnymonkey.com
Thu Jul 30 16:28:34 UTC 2009

Victor Kane wrote:

> But the fact that you say there are no modules other than image
> (assuming no encoding problems on the filenames also) and only 1200
> nodes leads me to believe it is relatively straightforward.

We don't call him Victor "The Glass is Half Full" Kane for nothing :)

Victor is probably right, but I still urge you to exercise caution.
There are so many fringe cases that could pop up, and you won't see many
of them until they bring your export process to a grinding halt.

But, with 1200 nodes, you could probably contract with someone to do
data entry for less than what it would cost to script around fringe cases.

Cheers,

Bill