[support] OT: color swatches for drupal

Luke drupal at lists.tacticus.com
Thu Jul 30 19:39:12 UTC 2009

Hello

This is probably OT, unless there is a Drupal way to do this.

For a client, I am designing a Drupal and UC based site.  Some of the
products require the buyer to choose a color from a specific range (think
carpets and such).

On their previous hand-coded site, they had a little tool into which they
could enter a hex RGB value, and the site would show the color (one for
each color option).

I was thinking that a better way might be to provide a gif or jpg image
for each color, using the UC option images module.

However, how to generate those images, which would essentially be little
blocks of solid color, is the question which is plaguing me.

Surely this is not a unique problem.

I found closed source Windows based programs (ColorImpact, for example)
which claim some such capability, but not only does that seem like
overkill, it seems as if there should be some simple way to go about this
using an open source option.

Ideas?

Thanks

Luke