[support] Import data or create nodes from Excel

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 12:54:49 UTC 2009

The node import advice you received so far is great.

Another potential solutions is the combination of Table Wizard and
Migrate modules

http://drupal.org/project/tw
http://drupal.org/project/migrate

These were recently discussed on the Civic Actions blog:

http://civicactions.com/blog/2009/jul/25/migrating_your_website_drupal

There's also a whole discussion on the topic comparing options at
http://groups.drupal.org/node/21338

And a group for discussing them at
http://groups.drupal.org/content-migration-import-and-export

There are tons of resources for this topic, but it's still relatively
hard to do the work itself.

Regards,
Greg

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 5:05 PM, Gustavo Cabral<gmcabral at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I would like implement a functionality in a web site for able to
> upload an excel file, with a determined format, and then, I want to
> generate nodes with this information.
> Exists a module or a medium to do that? or how can i insert data into
> drupal database from an excel file?
>
> thanks a lot

Greg Knaddison | 303-800-5623 | http://growingventuresolutions.com
Cracking Drupal - Learn to protect your Drupal site from hackers
Now available from Wiley http://crackingdrupal.com