[support] ssl + login best practice

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Fri Jul 31 15:47:00 UTC 2009

Expansion on this idea.

I don't think you'll get setting.php to have $user->uid context will
you?  Doesn't it load too early?

If I'm right, write a module with hook_init (as Earnie says)  have it
set cookie then do the base_url based on whether $cookie is site.

I would at least try contacting secure pages maintainer to see if you
can get a patch submitted there as this seems like a feature that would
be useful to that module.

Dave