[support] Help with deleting all users with a specific role

William Smith william.darren at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 19:03:00 UTC 2009

You can use user_delete which besides deleting the user, also fires off the
user hook with the delete op, so any other modules that are listening will
clean up whatever they need to clean up.  The implementation of hook_user in
the node module will set the uid of existing nodes to 0 in this case, but
not delete them.  So if you want to eliminate all the nodes for the users,
you would want to do that first (node_delete) before doing the user_delete.

You'd wrap this all up in a while loop that iterated over each existing uid.