[support] Is there a standard way to do this with CCK/views (etc) - a tutorial would be fantastic...

Steve sjh_drupal at shic.co.uk
Mon Mar 16 14:43:26 UTC 2009

I'm looking to establish a website in which a community researches a
topic and builds a 'knowledge-base' dynamically.  I envision the
community being similar to that of a wiki - but I want the data to be
more structured than that.  At the outset, I envision each 'record' to
conform to a simple format - including a free-text notes field.  As time
goes by, I envision new (possibly optional) fields to suggest themselves
(at the end-user domain-focused logical level, at least) and I want the
site to be able to evolve (without downtime, and with minimum
'programming') to embrace ever more structured records.

A major stumbling block is that, while the community is expected to have
a common goal, some of the data might easily be contentious - hence it
is essential that the changes are version-controlled and that an audit
trail can be reviewed.

Are there standard Drupal modules that would allow me to set up
something like this, or would I need to write them from scratch?

Thanks, in advance, for any hints..