[support] Is there a standard way to do this with CCK/views (etc) - a tutorial would be fantastic...

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 16 14:55:56 UTC 2009

Quoting Steve <sjh_drupal at shic.co.uk>:

> I'm looking to establish a website in which a community researches a
> topic and builds a 'knowledge-base' dynamically.  I envision the
> community being similar to that of a wiki - but I want the data to be
> more structured than that.  At the outset, I envision each 'record'
> to conform to a simple format - including a free-text notes field.
> As time goes by, I envision new (possibly optional) fields to suggest
> themselves (at the end-user domain-focused logical level, at least)
> and I want the site to be able to evolve (without downtime, and with
> minimum 'programming') to embrace ever more structured records.
>
> A major stumbling block is that, while the community is expected to
> have a common goal, some of the data might easily be contentious -
> hence it is essential that the changes are version-controlled and
> that an audit trail can be reviewed.
>
> Are there standard Drupal modules that would allow me to set up
> something like this, or would I need to write them from scratch?

Administer the Content Type with admin/content/types and add "Create
new revision" under the "Workflow settings" fieldset.  Then allow the
users to review and/or revert the revisions in admin/user/permissions
for the Node module.

--
Earnie  http://r-feed.com
  Make a Drupal difference and review core patches.

-- http://for-my-kids.com/  -- http://www.4offer.biz/