[support] $cookie_domain not working

John Fletcher net at twoedged.org
Tue Mar 17 21:12:34 UTC 2009

> Since you are changing the tld (top level domain), simply changing
> $cookie_domain won't work. Browsers won't send out the cookie from one
> tld to another.

Ahh... that sucks... but thanks for giving me the answer. Yeah previously in
such cases I had people just log into each site separately but thought there
might be a nice solution.

Unfortunately the subdomain technique has other drawbacks that aren't worth
it.

I don't think I'm going to bother implementing this right now, but in
theory... let's say you configured Firefox to "accept third-party cookies"
(false by default) could you set a cookie for both domains whenever a person
logs in to one of them? Would that solve the problem?

Fletch