[support] MyISAM vs InnoDB

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 23 13:34:57 UTC 2009

Quoting Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail at webthatworks.it>:

> On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:45:28 +0100
> Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera at theingots.org> wrote:

--8<--

> Of course data integrity is not just about content of tables.

This is why the issue I pointed you to is so important.

>> > - if you're using advanced features, you're constrained by
>> >   concurrent writes, you can't afford data loss and you didn't
>> >   invest too much in MySQL there are better engines to look at.
>>
>> Out of curiosity, what would you suggest? No, I'm not looking to
>> leave MySQL but I always enjoy learning a little more about databases.
>
> PostgreSQL... but really it depends on your needs.

If only ANSI syntax is used then it shouldn't really matter which
transactional DB is used as long is the engine supports ANSI
transactional syntax.  A transactional DB would allow for less PHP code
to be needed and a benefit would be the amount of disk i/o would be
lessened.

--
Earnie  http://r-feed.com
  Make a Drupal difference and review core patches.

-- http://for-my-kids.com/  -- http://www.4offer.biz/