[support] Default language problem

Vasileios Lourdas drupal at lourdas.name
Mon Mar 23 14:06:23 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Monday 23 March 2009 13:41:23 John Fletcher wrote:
> Vasileios,
>
> I happened to muck around with user language settings today and noticed
> some strange things. Firstly, according to the inline help information on
> the interface where you change the user language, this only affects which
> language the user receives emails in. So perhaps the behaviour you're
> seeing is by design.
>
> Secondly, I set up a site with default Spanish language and nothing I do
> seems to cause the admin screens to be displayed in Spanish, except one
> item. The Spanish files claim to have been imported. It's quite weird but I
> don't really have time to investigate it because I don't need it right now.
>
> Anyway I'd be interested to know what happens in your case.
>
> Regards,
> Fletch
> www.saltwebsites.com

Yes, I realized that too, my mistake.

So, the language the interface is displayed depends on the browser language
preference? I am mostly interested in anonymous users and I don't want them to
see the site's default language, but the language they have in their browser's
preferences.

Thanks.
--
# Vasileios Lourdas,
# Informatics Engineer, Thessaloniki (Greece)