[support] Input filter for URL's delimited with chevrons <http://example.com/>

David Christensen dpchrist at holgerdanske.com
Fri Nov 6 17:03:23 UTC 2009

Drupal:

I receive e-mail newsletters and post them into my Drupal sites.  I have
configured my e-mail client (Outlook) to display messages in plain text
format.  Several of the newsletters contain URL's delimited with
chevrons:

   <http://example.com/>

I use the "Filtered HTML" input filter on my Drupal sites, set to "Strip
disallowed tags".  So, Drupal strips out URL's in the above format.  I
would like Drupal to recognize the URL and display it as a clickable
link.

As there is no HTML tag "http", I am not inclined to try adding it to
the "Allowed HTML tags" list.

What is the best way to deal with this issue?

TIA,

David