[support] drupal 7 filed_image quistion

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Thu Nov 12 13:08:00 UTC 2009

Vasily,

First, make 3 image fields with 1 value in each one, not 1 field with 3
values.

In the content-type admin area ( found at
admin/structure/types/manage/<content-type-name>) choose the "manage
display" tab. There you can set what image preset you want to show up where
for each of the different fields (teaser vs. full node). For example. you
can set 1 of the image fields to present as a medium sized image in full
node view and the other two to display as thumbs in full node view.

Drupal should now generate enough classes for you to do a bunch of styling
with CSS in your theme. You won't be able to put the images in a table if
you wanted to do that. But you shouldn't have any trouble floating the
images around the text.

Note that you should copy Garland or Stark from  the /themes folder and
paste it to sites/all/themes. Create that directory if it doesn't yet exist.
Also remember that to rename a theme involves more than just renaming its
directory. Search each of the files and replace the theme name with the new
theme name you are giving it. Garland's template.php and it's subthemes
Minelli template.php as well as the .info file are the essential places to
do that. Also not eht name of the info file needs to change to your theme
name with ".info".

If you just go into the /themes directory and edit/add CSS to files there,
you are going to make it a lot harder on yourself to update the Drupal
installation. Given that Drupal 7 is unstable right now, updates are
absolutely critical, and you don't want to drive yourself nuts by
overwriting the CSS you've written when you update Drupal core.

Let us know how it goes,

Shai