[support] Regarding two database in same machine and multisite issue

Mohammad Towfiqul Islam towfiq.islam at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 14 03:54:56 UTC 2009

Let me clear it to you. Sorry if I am bothering you.

I have one drupal database say "abc"
I have created another database in same machine say "xyz" and have imported
"abc" drupal sites dump into xyz 's database through phpmyadmin(no problem occured).
So we have two database in one machine: one is "abc" and another is "xyz" with same table structure.
My first abc databse url is: http://ipdaress/abc
and my newly imported databse url (might be) is http://ipdaress/xyz
(here noted that I am using xampp.)
I havent changed any folders, passwords anything inside sites directory or in database or anywhere.
Only one change is in my settings.php file(under sites\default) I just added below lines:

$db_url = 'mysqli://root:password@localhost/xyz';

So the the total lines are below:

$db_url = 'mysqli://root:password@localhost/abc'; (previous ones whic autimatically written when I did setup abc drupal site)
$db_url = 'mysqli://root:password@localhost/xyz'; (I just copy pest and change the abc to xyz)
$db_prefix = '';

The directory structure is like below under sites:
sites
--- all
------modules
------themes
---default
------files
------default.settings.php
------settings.php

Now when in internet explorer I put http://ipdaress/abc its OK working.
but when I put http://ipdaress/xyz
I am now getting below message:

Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 404
IPADDRESS
11/13/09 11:18:32
Apache/2.2.9 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8h mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2

SO HOW CAN I GET WORK WITH SECOND URL(http://ipdaress/xyz) whats other stpes I need to do?
( WHICH WILL SHARE SAME MODULE LIKE "ABC" WEBSITE?)

Thanks for your time and looking forard to your suggestions