[support] are mysql queries in drupal possible?

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Mon Nov 16 16:02:25 UTC 2009

Not sure what you mean by right hand panel, but sounds like you want to
implement a custom module that provides a block and a menu  any module
provided menu can be moved around using admin menus.  And blocks, once
created can be put in any place on a theme.   The odd thing about your
request is what happens to the rest of the screen when the user clicks
on the link.  You'll have to be careful about how you implement that
from a UI perspective.

Yes you can have drupal query other tables, or use your own php code to
get data from any source you'd like.

Would recommend getting a copy of drupal pro development and reading the
module developers pages Documentation pages at drupal.org.

http://drupal.org/contributors-guide

Dave