[support] Using ImageField instead of Image module - thumbs/teasers

Neil Coghlan neil at esl-lounge.com
Mon Nov 23 19:36:36 UTC 2009

I've just taken the plunge and switched over from Image module to Imagefield, but there don't seem to be any thumbnails created for teasers. When I go into the teaser, the image is shown normal size.

if I want to create thumbnails, do I need to use ImageCache. It seems that imagecache has its own dependencies meaning I'm having to use three modules minimum to do the job that Image module did on its own. Am I missing something?

Also, if I wanted to replicate the views I had with image (thumbs of latest 10 images, for instance) will that be possible with imagecache?

Thanks

Neil