[support] Should I start to use Drupal 7?

KOBA | Hans Rossel hans.rossel at koba.be
Mon Nov 30 16:52:00 UTC 2009

If you mean only core modules with "basic ones", you could consider
it. Drupal 7 is a lot more usable out of the box with cck and
filefield in core. You could now allready make a small brochure site
with it But be aware that d7 most probably will not be out before
april, so. you will be using beta software. Experience with Drupal
will be useful.

If you will be using any contributed modules you should check now if
they have made the d7cx pledge and have started a d7 dev version. If
they dont there is quite a risk they will not be ready in Q1. You
should be prepared to encounter occasional bugs in contributed modules
and ready to help fix them.

Good luck,

Hans

2009/11/30, Ryan Chan <ryanchan404 at gmail.com>:
> If my project is targeting Q1 of 2010, so should I start developing using
> D7?
>
> (We don't use any advanced modules, just basic one)

Hans Rossel
KOBA Webdesign bvba
Beukenlaan 56
9051 Gent (Sint-Denijs-Westrem)