[support] Moving markers in the GMap module

glen e. p. ropella gepr at tempusdictum.com
Thu Apr 1 21:23:29 UTC 2010

How do you take programmatic control of the markers with the GMap
module?  Do I have to dig into the JavaScript?  Or is there a hook into
the macros?  I looked at the .ini files in the modules/gmap/markers
directory; but it's not obvious to me where to put a hook.

Ideally, I'd like to do 2 things: 1) feed marker location from fields on
another drupal node to the gmap and 2) pull lat/long from a web service
on another server so that the marker moves while I'm looking at it.

Worst case, I'll start hacking on the javascript; but I thought there
would be some "official" way to do it.

Thanks.