[support] Using mysql queries in Views

Neil Coghlan neil at esl-lounge.com
Mon Apr 5 13:42:31 UTC 2010

I need a proper download counter but the 2-3 that exist are not up to scratch so I decided to make my own SQL queries for each node page, showing some download stats.

I then had the idea of creating a view on each user's account page showing the number of downloads their content had produced. Again, I have the SQL query all ready but wanted to somehow incorporate it into a view. Is there any way of doing that?

Can I create what would be essentially an "empty" field, then populate it with what my sql query returns?? I'm a little nervous of using sql queries raw on my template files.

what would be the best way of implementing something like this?

Regards

Neil