[support] Unable to send e-mail. Please contact the site administrator if the problem persists.

John Mitchell mitchelljj98 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 10:26:44 UTC 2010

I get the below error when I initially set up drupal and whenever it
tries to send an email:

    * warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost"
port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use
ini_set() in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
6.0\webapps\drupal\includes\mail.inc on line 193.
    * Unable to send e-mail. Please contact the site administrator if
the problem persists.
    * warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost"
port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use
ini_set() in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
6.0\webapps\drupal\includes\mail.inc on line 193.
    * Unable to send e-mail. Please contact the site administrator if
the problem persists.

How do I fix this?

Thanks,

John