[support] Unable to send e-mail. Please contact the site administrator if the problem persists.

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 7 12:22:18 UTC 2010

On Windows installations, you need to setup PHP to connect to a SMTP
server in php.ini. Here's what PHP says about it:

*Note*: The Windows implementation of *mail()* differs in many ways from
the Unix implementation. First, it doesn't use a local binary for
composing messages but only operates on direct sockets which means a
/MTA/ is needed listening on a network socket (which can either on the
localhost or a remote machine).
Second, the custom headers like /From:/, /Cc:/, /Bcc:/ and /Date:/ are
/not/ interpreted by the /MTA/ in the first place, but are parsed by PHP.
As such, the /to/ parameter should not be an address in the form of
"Something <someone at example.com>". The mail command may not parse this
properly while talking with the MTA.

http://php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

Alternatively you could also use a module like SMTP, which bypasses
PHP's mail function:

http://drupal.org/project/smtp

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net