[support] Printing "0" when a db query returns nothing

Neil Coghlan neil at esl-lounge.com
Fri Apr 9 16:49:43 UTC 2010

I am trying to print the number of downloads a user's attachments have produced and am 95% there. I just don't know how to print zero if the SUM returns nothing.

here's what I have so far (with download count module installed which creates file_downloads table)

<?php
$query= "SELECT SUM(count) AS DownloadCount
FROM upload
JOIN files
ON upload.fid = files.fid
JOIN file_downloads
ON files.filepath = CONCAT( 'sites/default/files/', file_downloads.filename )
WHERE (files.uid = $account->uid)";
$results = db_query($query);
while($output = db_fetch_object($results)){
print $output->DownloadCount;
}
?>

works perfectly for those whose content have created downloads. For those who haven't, the result is a blank space. How can I print a nice fat "0"??

regards

Neil