[support] D6 site very slow

Mukesh Agarwal mike4u4ever2001 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 20:47:33 UTC 2010

Try taking a look at YSlow parameters and see what is holding up from
Drupal's front. Also, with top command you can also identify the memory and
CPU being used by an individual apache process and if that is huge, you
might just need to optimize your apache settings a little. If you use devel
module, you can identify the queries that are running slow and can act
accordingly. You can also enable slow query log in your mysql settings and
turn it on for a while to understand the slow queries..

I would also suggest to switch on CSS optimization..

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 2:00 AM, Luke <drupal at lists.tacticus.com> wrote:

> All requests on a D6 (latest) site, from simply viewing a page (cached), to
> performing an administrative action, to running a drush command, are
> painfully slow.
>
> It took about 12 seconds to load the homepage from a remote location today;
> 1-2 seconds is normal for static content, and 3-5 for java generated dynamic
> content, for non-drupal areas of this apache2 installation.
>
> I disabled the nodetype module via drush (took about 25 seconds to give me
> the confirmation prompt).
>
> It is now taking 5-8 seconds to load each administrative page.  The slight
> speedup suggests that modules are potentially causing the issue here.
>
> I have attached a module list from drush, but is there anything else i
> should be looking at on the drupal side, to provide some kind of speedup?
>
> JS optimization is enabled; CSS optimization is not.
> Caching is standard (block caching enabled but may not be being used).
> I am currently trying page compression; it was previously disabled.
>
> Thanks for any ideas.
>
> Luke

Cheers,
Mukesh