[support] Limit editing of custom cck fields

William Smith william.darren at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 18:41:56 UTC 2010

You might be able to uncheck the "administer nodes" permission and ensure
that the "edit any <content type>" permission is checked for role2.  This
would probably circumvent the permission denied error, although I'm not
entirely certain as it is a bit of an edge case.

If all else fails, you could use form_alter to hide and unhide the
appropriate fields based on the user role.  This would require creating a
module and implementing hook_form_alter (
http://api.drupal.org/api/function/hook_form_alter/6).  The list could help
step you through how to do that.

Best,
William