[support] Configuring fckeditor to strip off ms word tags and html tags

Mutuku Ndeti jnmutuku at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 07:43:18 UTC 2010

Hellos,

I am using drupal 6 and fckeditor for textarea. When users submit
applications,  they paste directly from word. This pastes with tag like

"<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"> <meta
name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"> <meta name="Generator"
content="Microsoft Word 11"> <meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word
11"> <link rel="File-List"
href="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\ENSP4_3\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\04\clip_filelist.xml"
/><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
name="PersonName"
downloadurl="http://www.microsoft.com"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if
gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>"

I want to configure fck editor to  allow direct pasting from word without
using "paste from word" window

I have also enabled "full html" for all input formats, but everytime I write
somethin on the fckeditor, I get <p> and <br> tags at the end

It is a multiligual site.