[support] Drush Questions

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 09:42:49 UTC 2010

Many shared hosting sites these days give shell access upoon request. For
example, site5 does. Otherwise change to one which does.

Once you have shell access, you can unpack drush into a subdirectory, say
~/bin/drush (where ~ is your home directory where you log in, i.e.
/home/mysite). Then the executable will be at ~/bin/drush/drush .   Change
to that directory and make sure it is executable

$ chmod u+x drush

then execute it:

"./drush".

If you see the familiar drush help file, dependencies will have been met,
you are all set.

Add the following line to your .bashrc or .bash_profile file in your home
directory:

alias drush=/home/mysite/bin/drush/drush

And you should be all set to go.

Victor Kane
http://awebfactory.com.ar
http://projectflowandtracker.com